ADSM-L

Re: Export node with TDP's ?

2005-06-29 08:27:45
Subject: Re: Export node with TDP's ?
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:27:15 -0400
Del has suggested in the past that instead of using different nodenames for the
daily and monthly backups, to run the monthly
backups using the COPY type of backup. "TDPEXCC BACKUP * COPY ..." and then in
your dsm.opt file use an include for the COPY objects
to a management class with the correct retentions.

You would have a script file for your daily backups, and then one for your
monthly backups...or you could put logic in the script to
decide when to run the FULL and when to run the COPY.

Also, ARCHIVE is not a function of the TDP agent.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??