ADSM-L

Re: Encryption Confirmation

2005-06-27 12:49:55
Subject: Re: Encryption Confirmation
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:49:29 -0500
Thank you for your reply. I have ran some test and this is what is
happening, any thoughts anyone has on this would be extreemly helpful.
Client 1
Aix 4.3.3
TSM version 5.1.6.7 (highest supported on 4.3.3)

Client 2
AIX 5.1
TSM 5.2.1.1

Server
TSM 5.2.1.1
AIX 5.1

Test 1
Backup file with encryptionkey prompt on client 1
Restore to client 2 with prompt for key

Test 2
Backup same file after touching on client 1 as virtualnode client3
encryptionkey save
Restore to client2 no prompt

Test3
Backup same file after touching on client1 as virtualnode client3
encryptionkey prompt
Restore to client2 with prompt for key

Test 4
Backup same file as client1 with encryptionkey save
Restore to client 2 with no prompt for key.

Now my problem is the following. I am assuming on all of them the file
was encrypted as in the inclexcl list I have include.encrypt *.
But how can I confirm that?
Is this acting as it should?