ADSM-L

EMC Centera as storage

2005-06-22 12:54:42
Subject: EMC Centera as storage
From: "Spendlove, Ted" <Ted.Spendlove AT ATK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:53:58 -0600

Hi Folks,
We are experimenting with using the EMC Centera as the device for our
archive pool.  In testing this we are getting some strange timings. When
going to a "normal" DASD pool as the target of an EXPORT NODE TOSERVER
we get throuput rates in the area of 125 Mb/min.  Exporting the same
data by the same command, but using the Centera as the device for the
target storage pool we are only getting 4 Mb/min.  This doesn't seem
reasonable.  I've obviously overlooked something in setup or tuning.
Anyone have suggestions on where I should look?

Source TSM: V5.1.1 on OS/390 V2.10
Target TSM: V5.2.4 on Windows Server 2003

Thanks in advance,
Ted Spendlove
ATK Thiokol