ADSM-L

Re: Need backup dates of files on a specific tape...

2005-06-21 14:36:48
Subject: Re: Need backup dates of files on a specific tape...
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:36:03 -0700
There's no such query that I can think of, since the CONTENTS table does
not include the object ID of the files in that table, so you can't tie
anything directly to the BACKUPS table.

However, another possible approach: Assuming you know the file name you
are looking for (and it sounds like you do), you could go to the client
machine from which it was backed up, and use "dsmc query backup
yourfilename -inactive" to see all existing versions. Save the output,
which includes the backup date. Delete the volume (this is irreversible,
so don't do this until you are good & ready!!!), then repeat the client
query. Comparing the results of the two queries, the version that does not
appear in the second query output is the missing version. You can do this
for all required files, tedious as it might be.

Any particular reason you need the backup dates?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-21
10:59:33: