ADSM-L

Re: TSM Operational reporting

2005-06-21 14:22:44
Subject: Re: TSM Operational reporting
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:21:57 -0400
Looked  on TSM for Windows V 5.2 Part # LCD7-0425-02
Saw no reference to a TSMCON executable.............

>>> Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU 06/21/2005 1:59:39 PM >>>
Same here; use it a lot and its terrific.
But all it does is run queries against the server.

Are you sure you are using the current version?
I thought "driver7" was the old beta version.
A LOT of things have been fixed/cleaned up in versions after the Beta.

If you have a windows TSM server at 5.2.2 or above, TOR should have
installed when you installed the code.
If your TSM server is not Windows (or if you want to run TOR on a
machine other than your TSM server) you can download and install a
current TOR package from the FTP site.

Go to the TSM downloads for the WINDOWS TSM server, and look for the
TSMCON5xxx_WIN.exe executable.
That is the current, standalone version of TOR.

Install it on a Windows host (Win2K or above).
Then look in the 5.2.2 (or above) Admin Guide for the WINDOWS server.
In the chapter on Monitoring your TSM Server, there is a sub-chapter
on
TSM Operational Reporting that is quite helpful.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)