ADSM-L

Re: MountPoints within MountPoints

2005-06-21 13:35:15
Subject: Re: MountPoints within MountPoints
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:35:01 -0700
TSM will back up the mount point (junction) and its attributes, but will
not traverse into it. It will, however, treat the mounted volume as a
separate file space and back it up.

For example, suppose E: is mounted under C:\somedir\mp.

When TSM backs up C:, it will back up C:\somedir, any files in c:\somedir,
and C:\somedir\mp. However, it will not traverse into C:\somedir\mp and
back up those file.

On the other hand, TSM will now treat C:\somedir\mp as a separate volume.
"dsmc query options domain" will list C:\somedir\mp among the volumes in
the domain (assuming it has not been excluded from the domain).

If you do not want C:\somedir\mp to be part of the backup domain, then it
can be excluded:

   domain -c:\somedir\mp

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-06-21
04:04:45: