ADSM-L

Data protection

2005-06-21 10:07:08
Subject: Data protection
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:06:46 -0500
With the latest problems that have come out with backup tapes being stolen my
CIO is concerned with TSM's security.
Does anyone know where I could print off something to show him on the security
of TSM, meaning if you don't have the database you can't get to the data, etc.
Also is anyone using encryption?
Does encryption slow your backup down? Is there a large impact with using
encryption?
Server version 5.2.1.1

immediately.

Thank you.