ADSM-L

Backup status

2005-06-20 05:31:04
Subject: Backup status
From: Mark Tindall <mark.tindall AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:30:58 +0100
Hi,

Currently we run a mixture of System and Oracle backups on our servers
which have up until now been running ok. We receive a pregenerated
email every day at 2pm which displays the status of the all the
backups that have run in the past 24 hours. What I would like to do is
to change this so that we get an email when the Oracle backups finish
if they return a status of anything but successful (e.g. 'MISSED' or
'FAILED'). Could someone tell me how I could do this? (on an
individual backup basis would be preferable).

Thanks in advance,

Mark Tindall
Thompson Scientific