ADSM-L

Re: Multiple SQL Instances through the TDP

2005-06-17 08:41:19
Subject: Re: Multiple SQL Instances through the TDP
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:41:04 -0400
Graham,

There are a number of different ways to do this.
The main thing to remember is that you will need to use the
"/SQLSERVER=<sql-server-inst-name>" option when communicating with the
different instances of the SQL Server.
The Data Protection for SQL licensing is based upon the number
of CPUs in the machine, not the number of instances.
You should use different TSM NODENAMEs to keep the data separate.
You can share the same .CFG file and just specify the /SQLSERVER
option on the command, or you can have different .CFG files.
The same is true for the log files and scripts. It is very flexible
and really depends on how "separate" you want to keep the instances.

Maybe some subscribers on this list with this SQL Server configuration
will share what they have done in their environment?

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/16/2005
09:52:36 PM: