ADSM-L

Re: Volume Discrepancy

2005-06-15 08:41:43
Subject: Re: Volume Discrepancy
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:40:57 -0400
It's not a discrepancy (usually), but rather faulty numerical
specification. The single decimal place (___.x) is archaic, harking
back to the days of tiny tapes, and sorely needs to be modernized by
TSM Development. With today's enormous-capacity tapes, there can
still be a lot on the tape, but that decimal resolution/rounding
won't reflect it. I've seen this many times. Use Query Content to
verify that there's stuff on volumes.

   Richard Sims