ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal Restore for Windows 2003 / Disaster recovery of Windows 2003

2005-06-14 11:26:02
Subject: Re: Bare Metal Restore for Windows 2003 / Disaster recovery of Windows 2003
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:25:50 -0400
We've tested BMR with TSM and ASR on Win2003 server, works fine.

It's pretty cool, because TSM backs up the ASR info anytime you do a
regular backup.  You don't need to have any CD's or floppies created in
advance; TSM is storing the needed info for you.

Just follow the instructions in the TSM client manual.  And follow them
EXACTLY; when it says label the CD TSMCLI, for example, DO IT, don't get
creative, or it won't work.

And your server has to be at least 5.2.  We tested with the 5.2.3.0
client; you would probably be better off using a more recent one, there
are later patches that address some issues with System State.
And we didn't test a domain controller with Active Directory, just the
restore of a basic file server.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)