ADSM-L

Re: Backup of large server (15+ Million objects)

2005-06-14 10:52:57
Subject: Re: Backup of large server (15+ Million objects)
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:52:39 +0200
Hi Bill

1. Separating it into multiple TSM nodes, for example one node per
filespace

2. Using the virtual mount point option

Both theese options should decrease the time TSM spends on inspecting the
filespaces.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
2005-06-14 16:36
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Backup of large server (15+ Million objects)

Windows 2000 server with TSM client 5.3.0.8.
TSM server 5.2.2.0 on Windows2000

Configured the journal service with a larger notify buffer, but we just
can't get the first incremental to complete.  We see in the server
activity log that the session was terminated by the client. Running in
managed services mode.

Any suggestions on backup strategies on this large of a server?

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.