ADSM-L

Re: Backing up more that one instances on the same SQL 2 000 server

2005-06-13 15:14:23
Subject: Re: Backing up more that one instances on the same SQL 2 000 server
From: Steve Schaub <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:13:09 -0400
Luc,

Modify your backup script to use a named instance.
Here is what our sqlfull.cmd looks like (first backup catches default
instance, 2nd one is specific):

@ECHO OFF
rem  ====================================================================*
rem  * Command file containing commands to do a scheduled                *
rem  * full backup of Microsoft SQL Server databases to                  *
rem  * TSM storage.                                                      *
rem  ====================================================================*

set exc_dir="C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSQL"

cd /d %exc_dir%

echo Current date is %date% >> sqlfull.log
echo Current time is %time% >> sqlfull.log

start /B tdpsqlc backup * full /logfile=sqlsched.log >> sqlfull.log
start /B tdpsqlc backup * full /SQLSERVer=croaker\broker
/logfile=sqlsched2.log >> sqlfull2.log

rem  * if multiple SQL Server instances are installed, use the following *
rem  * example to perform specific backups on each one                   *
rem start /B tdpsqlc backup * full /SQLSERVer=rubicon\crestone
/logfile=sqlsched.log >> sqlfull.log