ADSM-L

Filespace names showing as ellipses

2005-06-13 10:09:49
Subject: Filespace names showing as ellipses
From: Neil Bowen <Neil.Bowen AT OFCOM.ORG DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:08:32 +0100
Hi all,

This has been posted before and I've read the answers but I'm not a lot
nearer getting a resolution. We have TSM Server 5.2 running on a
solaris. I'm the Windows Admin resposible for backing up the Windows
servers so I have no input into the Solaris setup. My problem is that I
can't see any of the Windows Filespace names as anything other than
"..." when using the Web Administrator program. We have a major
reorganisation coming up and I need my drive letters. I've read the
previous answers that indicate where in the manual to find details of
the issue but it doesn't help me to know that I have a problem without a
more definitive fix.

The real problem is that the Solaris Admin doesn't really want to help
out as his stuff is all OK and he's busy doing other stuff. He insists
that the problem is a Windows issue and I believe that its HIS server
that's not corrrectly interpreting. I'm just using a standard Windows UK
install with codepage 850 and there's not really anywhere that I can go
with that.

I need some help from any Solaris TSM Admins on the List as to what I
need to ask him to look for on the Solaris server so that we can resolve
the issue. If you can help, I promise not to be too hard on him so you
won't be betraying a Brother Solaris Admin!

Thanks,

Neil Bowen

:: Neil Bowen
   Intel Server Team
   Mezz:11
   020 7981 3249
   Neil.Bowen AT Ofcom.org DOT uk <mailto:Neil.Bowen AT Ofcom.org DOT uk>
   Neil.Bowen AT LogicaCMG DOT com <mailto:Neil.Bowen AT LogicaCMG DOT com>
<mailto:Neil.Bowen AT Ofcom.org DOT uk>

:: LogicaCMG
   www.logicacmg.com <http://www.logicacmg.com/>
:: Ofcom
   Riverside House
   2a Southwark Bridge Road
   London  SE1 9HA
   020 7981 3000
   www.ofcom.org.uk <blocked::http://www.ofcom.org.uk/>

Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK
communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio,
telecommunications and wireless communications services.

For further details and to register for automatic updates from Ofcom on key
publications and other developments, please visit www.ofcom.org.uk

If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for
the presence of computer viruses.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of
Ofcom.