ADSM-L

Corrupt Domino Transaction Logger

2005-06-13 05:54:26
Subject: Corrupt Domino Transaction Logger
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:40:35 +0100
Hi there !

We have about 190 log extents, which from experience is way
 too many for our Domino Server.They aren't getting deleted !

IBM have confirmed that the logger is corrupt.

We are not sure, which is the best way round the problem of
creating a new logger.

Should, we disable transaction logging, delete the logger & log extents,
then re-enable logging.

OR

Loose the logger id. and log extents, then rebuild it using

TRANSLOG_Recreate_Logctrl=1

Does the later method usually work smoothly ? , does anybody have
experience ?

TSM SERVER 5.2.2.0 on  Windows Server 2003
Domino 6.5.4 on Windows Server 2003
Data Protection for Lotus Domino 5.1.5.01

Thanks

Bill