ADSM-L

Re: Windows and device addressing for TSM (Make it stop!!!)

2005-06-10 15:43:39
Subject: Re: Windows and device addressing for TSM (Make it stop!!!)
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:43:19 -0400
I believe what you want is "persistent binding" setup for your HBAs.
Depending on brands, but you should be able to get information on their
website how to configure or setup.

I have observed this with AIX TSM server where rmts changed after the
reboot.  I hope you don't have many tape drives.  I can't imagine changing
or updating 20 or more drives.. yikes.

I guess you could go on vacation for more than 1 day and when you come back
all problems will be resolved...hopefully.

Thanks,

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/10/2005
03:10:15 PM: