ADSM-L

Re: how to backup 2 instances of SQL

2005-06-10 14:05:37
Subject: Re: how to backup 2 instances of SQL
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:05:07 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Luc Beaudoin
>I have a little problem ...
>
>On my SQL 2000 server, someone install a second instance of SQL
>
>        c:\program files\ .... MSSQL\data
>and
>        c:\program files\... MSSQL$NEW\data
>
>When I launch the SQL backup GUI on the console .. I dont see the new
>instance with the new SQL databases...
>
>Is there a way to see them???

Read the TSM for SQL documentation manual (IBM manual number SC32-9059)
concerning the use of flags for tdpsql.exe and tdpsqlc.exe, particularly
the flag

        SQLServer

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
  Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Office 262.521.5627