ADSM-L

Image Backup with Journal based backups

2005-06-09 11:15:23
Subject: Image Backup with Journal based backups
From: Matthew Large <Matthew.Large AT AVIVA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:15:28 +0100
*SMers,

We are currently using image backups once a week to perform the full
image, and daily normal incrementals to keep up with Jones'. However, I'm
trying to reduce the 5 hours TSM spends traversing the 5 million+ file in
the filesystem each night.

I would like to assist the daily incrementals by using Journal Based
backups to track changes made to the file system, so before I start
desiging a solution I was wondering if anyone out there had a similar
situation and ended up with this solution.

Or any useful information.

Many Thanks,
Matthew

Aviva plc
Registered Office: St. Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ
Registered in England Number 02468686
www.aviva.com

This message and any attachments are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone
or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any
attachment from your system. Also, if you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.