ADSM-L

Re: Client 5.3.0.8 strange behaviour

2005-06-09 10:30:45
Subject: Re: Client 5.3.0.8 strange behaviour
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:28:41 -0400
On Jun 9, 2005, at 10:12 AM, Richard van Denzel wrote:

The technote comes very close, but on this machine backups all went
ok,
but when I look in the dsmsched.log the service hangs between
communication with the server when the next schedule is due (we let
them
poll every hour). I will give the solution from the technote a go
(just to
be on the safe side).

Hello to another Richard  :-),

That situation seems a bit easier to pursue than an internally hung
process.
Might involve a PRESchedulecmd issue, or network/firewall, depending
upon
various messages which may appear at expected contact time.
In debugging, I would try having some dsmc queries kick off at the OS
level
at the time the scheduler is to run, to verify server contactability
by the
client then, which could isolate the problem in the scheduler process.
You could turn on client tracing, not so much as to examine its
details, but
to gauge whether the client schedule is actually chugging along.

     Richard Sims