ADSM-L

Re: Conflicting slot counts

2005-06-09 10:30:20
Subject: Re: Conflicting slot counts
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:28:14 -0400
Don't know if this applies to the IBM library, but when it happens on our
STK L700, it indicates there are tapes in the library that TSM has lost
track of.  They need to be checked in... so we do two commands:

      checkin libv libname search=y checkl=b stat=scr
      checkin libv libname search=y checkl=b stat=pri

These commands are quick and safe... if there are no tapes to checkin,
nothing will happen (and you will still see a discrepancy).  You do the
stat=scr first because TSM will not allow private tapes to be checked in
as scratches, but it will allow scratch tapes to be checked in as private
(if that happens, you will see private tapes that are not in any storage
pool... we call these "orphans").  Anyway, the audit does not remedy this
situation.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs

                      Zoltan
                      Forray/AC/VCU
                      <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      >                cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:  Subject:
                      Dist Stor                Conflicting slot counts
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      06/08/2005 06:57
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Why is my AIX TSM server lying about the "slot count" in my 3583 Library ?

When I check the 3583 via the panel, it says there are 3-free slots.

TSM refuses to check any more tapes into this library, saying it is full !

Yes, I have done an audit of the library (barcodes).......numerous times !