ADSM-L

Re: Netware backups.. ?

2005-06-09 10:23:07
Subject: Re: Netware backups.. ?
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:22:35 -0500
I've had the most luck with groupwise backups just using the plain TSAFS.nlm.
Things went badly when I tried to use the /EnableGW=yes switch.  If that still
gives you lots of open-file problems, then look into St. Bernard OFM.  But as
was mentioned, it's a bit spendy.

>>> bin AT PROGRESSIVE DOT DK 6/9/2005 6:33:18 AM >>>
Hi,

 I'm not very familiar with Netware - but how is backup specified on a netware
client ? I windows, I have all options i dsm.opt, like:

Nodename MyNode
domain C: D:
exclude *
include c:\Dir1
include d:\dir2

Novell uses volumes (as far as I remember from the old 3.20-days) .. How would
the above be handled on a netware server with e.g. SYS: and DATA1: volmues ?

2nd: How can backup of GroupWise be handled ??

Mvh/Rgds.
Brian Ipsen
PROGRESSIVE IT A/S

Århusgade 88, 3.sal     Tel: +45 3525 5070
DK-2100 København Ø     Fax: +45 3525 5090
Denmark                 Dir. +45 3525 5080
Email:bin AT progressive DOT dk

---
This mail was scanned for virus and spam by Progressive IT A/S.
---

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.