ADSM-L

Re: Threshold on Copypool relcamation

2005-06-09 07:54:14
Subject: Re: Threshold on Copypool relcamation
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:43:35 +0100
Hmm, Are the explanation of the retention parms here correct? I thought
it went like so;

VEREXISTS:      max number of versions to keep for a file that exists on
the client

VERDELETED:             max number of version to keep of a file that is
deleted from the client

RETEXTRA:       number of days to keep versions other than the newest,
for either files that exist OR files that have been deleted

RETONLY:        number of days to keep a file that is deleted from the
client and has all its extra versions expired by the RETEXTRA limit.
STARTING FROM the day that RETEXTRA removes the last 'older' version
leaving only a single copy of the file in TSM.

Matthew.