ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 client support

2005-06-08 14:47:35
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 client support
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:47:21 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of David W Litten
>I'm using 5.2.2.9 client to back up win2003 to a 5.2.4 server.
>Haven't had
>any issues except with VSS. Those same issues with VSS were
>also present on my 5.3.0 nodes.

Wandering the Microsoft support site, I found references to a good many
of the VSC-related errors we find in dsmerror.log. Microsoft's solution
for many of them is to install Win2003 SP1.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
  Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Office 262.521.5627