ADSM-L

ISC/AC questions

2005-06-08 10:18:24
Subject: ISC/AC questions
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:17:44 -0400
We have taken the jump into testing for our TSM v5.1.6 to V5.3 upgrade.

We got ISC/AC installed on a AIX server and are going through the learning
curve for it,
for which I've got some questions (like everyone else!) . . . .

1)  On the table lists that AC creates there is a icon for "enable/disable
inline action bar".
When I select it, it does . . . I'm not sure.  The icon action switches
from "enable" to
"disable" (or back), but nothing changes in the table.
I can't find any info on it in the help.  What does this do?

2)  Under the "Settings" tabs the portlets have an extra window icon for
"configure" (along with minimize/maximize/help)  where you can select the
number
of rows to show in tables.  This does not appear on the portlet windows for
"Work items" or "Status".  Is there no way to select  the rows displayed
for
these tabs, or, is it just well hidden?

3)  Is there anyway to set the default for tables to always set the
"Show row filter" option so that the column filter buttons show up by
default?

4)  We want to have a second ISC/AC ready to go.  (We
have 2 datacenters - each is the DR site for the other, and a TSM server
at each).  What files need copied from one ISC/AC to another to keep the
configuration (users defined and their TSM server that are defined)?

5)  Do you have to shutdown ISC/AC to back it up (backing up isc-root
directory structure)?  We are using a AIX as our server which will let you
backup
open files, but that doesn't mean they are any good.

6)  Has anyone implemeted SSL communications?  Our security folks want
us to implement this.  I've read the info on doing this in the Ref Guide.
Any
wisdom/comments/problems with the procedure as layed out in appendix D?
We do not have WebSphere in house and none of us in the storage area
has any experience with web servers, let alone SSL.  For example, it
indicates
that we need to get a certificate but never says what to do with it.  It
just
refers you to the webSphere Security manual.

Thanks

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately,
and delete the original message.