ADSM-L

Forcing migration questions

2005-06-03 14:11:33
Subject: Forcing migration questions
From: James Marcinek <jmarc1 AT JEMCONSULT DOT BIZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:57:27 -0000
I have a disk storage pool which has the next storage pool set up to a manual
tape library (DLT4000). The migration thresholds are set to default ( 90% high
and 70% low). The disk storage pool is 99.9% utilized and the migration still
has not taken place. I had no problem labeling the tapes or creating the
volumes; but I had some type of issue with the device not being recognized. I
had brought the server down and physically checked the attached scsi DLT4000.
Since I restarted the system the automatic migration process has not taken place
and I have no outstanding requests to load a tape. My Path is defined to the
device also???

I would like to know how I should force the migration. I would also like to know
where I should start looking to determine the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

James