ADSM-L

TSM and Pathlight on Linux Issues

2005-06-03 12:06:28
Subject: TSM and Pathlight on Linux Issues
From: "Barth, Terry (MBS)" <Terry.Barth AT MORTGAGEFAMILY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:07:49 -0400
Hi -

We are in the process of installing a test TSM Linux Server.  We are using
RedHat 3, update 3 and TSM server version 5.2.4.

We have an ADIC Pathlight VX, which has a small Physical ADIC Scalar 24
library with LTO drives.  We are emulating an ADIC Scalar 1000 through the
virtual library. The library is connected to a switch and the TSM server is
within the SAN.

I run the tsmscsi command and it states that it locates the ADIC Scalar 1000
and defines the device /dev/tsmscsi/lb0

However, when I try to define the library within TSM, I get the following:

DEFINE PATH tsmlinux TSMLINUX01 SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=LIBRARY
DEVICE=/dev/tsmscsi/lb0 ONLINE=YES AUTODETECT=YES

ANR8840E Unable to open device /dev/tsmscsi/lb0 with error 110.

I can run the lbtest and open the device without issues.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!