ADSM-L

Re: commethod sharedmem under solaris

2005-06-03 09:18:04
Subject: Re: commethod sharedmem under solaris
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:17:17 +0100
Ok, point 4 of the 5.2 Solaris Storage Agent manual states;

Add the following options to the same dsm.sys stanza edited in step 3c.
These options specify that the client will use SAN-attached devices when
the path is available, during backup, restore, archive, and retrieve
processing.

enablelanfree yes
LANFREECommmethod TCPIP
LANFREETCPPort 1500
or

LANFREECommmethod SharedMem
LANFREESHMPORT 1510

The stanza being used for dsmc LanFree is

SErvername              MOUNT_SERVER
   NODENAME             zambezi-c
   COMMmethod           SHAREdmem
   TCPPort              1500
   TCPServeraddress     carsington.cop.eme.uk
   PASSWORDACCESS       GENERATE
   INCLEXCL             /app/scripts/config_files/tsm/MNTSVR_INCLEXCL
   enablelanfree        yes
   LANFREECommmethod    SharedMem
   LANFREESHMPORT       1510
   RESOURCEUTIL         1
   LARGECOMMBUFFERS     YES

Wheen starting the client I get;

root@zambezi-c# dsmc -se=mount_server
ANS1036S Invalid option 'LANFREECOMMMETHOD' found in options file
'/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys'
         at line number : 95
         Invalid entry : '   LANFREECommmethod    SharedMem'

ANS1038S Invalid option specified

If I change LANFREECOMMMETHOD to TCPIP everything is fine.

Is SharedMem supported ?

Thanks,

Matt.