ADSM-L

Re: Error mounting Exchange database after restoring

2005-06-01 08:06:18
Subject: Re: Error mounting Exchange database after restoring
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 08:05:48 -0400
Robert,

If you run the restore without choosing the "Run Recovery" checkbox,
you can use ESEUTIL /cc to run recovery manually.
On the alternate server, you should make sure that the logs that
existed prior to the restore are not replayed during recovery
because they do not belong to the database being restored and
the Exchange Server will not tolerate it. There are a few ways to
handle this, i.e. deleting them prior to the recovery or
using a special ESEUTIL command-line switch.
Check this Microsoft KB article for more information:
   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298901

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 06/01/2005
04:58:01 AM: