ADSM-L

Re: Errors during MS-SQL backup using the TSM API

2005-05-27 11:54:19
Subject: Re: Errors during MS-SQL backup using the TSM API
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 11:53:49 -0400
Richard is correct. These are documented in the IBM knowledge base.
The best and easiest thing to do is to change the nodename of your
Data Protection for SQL clients and start with new filespaces with
no pre-existing objects. Make sure your management classes are set
up correctly and the INCLUDE statements in the DSM.OPT file
are configured correctly to bind your Data Protection for SQL backups
to the correct management classes. (which includes sending the
"meta" objects to a disk-only pool). This is discussed in more
detail in the User' Guide. Even if you change your nodename,
you can still get access to the previous data (backed up under
the original node) by connecting to the TSM Server as the previous node.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/27/2005
10:45:51 AM: