ADSM-L

Win 2003 Server w/SP1 and TSM 5.2.3 Not backing up

2005-05-26 07:58:38
Subject: Win 2003 Server w/SP1 and TSM 5.2.3 Not backing up
From: "Consiglio, Tony" <consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 07:58:25 -0400
Hello,
        Has anyone seen an issue with Windows 2003 SP1 and TSM 5.2.3
missing due to no response from client to the server? The server's logs
report that the session times out and can not communicate with target
(my W2K3 server). However the Client's DSMSched.log file reports that it
is waiting for the server's next backup job. We do have host based IDS
software on servers but I have stopped the service and ran a test backup
and the same results happen.

Is there any known issue or APAR or hot fix for this?

TiA
Tony

Anthony F.Consiglio
Supervising Systems Analyst - Project Leader
LAN Systems - CIT
E-MAIL: consigli AT buffalo DOT edu