ADSM-L

Re: EXPORT NODE directly to server

2005-05-25 09:41:05
Subject: Re: EXPORT NODE directly to server
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:37:31 -0400
Hello Samiran,

I entered the command from the TSM mainframe's dsmadmc command line and I
received the following:

tsm: ADSM>ping server tsmprod
ANR1705W Ping for server 'TSMPROD' was not able to establish a connection.

I'm not quite sure what needs to be setup in order for this export to work?
I just thought each server had to be defined to the other.  Am I missing
something else?  Thanks!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Das, Samiran
             (IDS ECCS)"
             <[email protected]                                          To
             OM>                       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Re: EXPORT NODE directly to server
             .EDU>

             05/25/2005 09:31
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Joni,

You could use "PING SERVER TSMPROD" command from your mainframe server
TSM command prompt to test communication.

Regards, Samiran Das