ADSM-L

Re: Domino Transaction Logs Archive

2005-05-25 09:30:37
Subject: Re: Domino Transaction Logs Archive
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:31:07 +0100
Eduardo,

Thanks for your response, guess what, the DOMINO SERVICE is not
shutting down cleanly !

Bill

Eduardo Esteban <eesteban AT US.IBM DOT COM>
24/05/2005 16:58

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [ADSM-L] Domino Transaction Logs Archive

Bill,

Do you know if the logs that are archived after the reboot have already
been
archived before the reboot?  You can issue the command 'domdsmc
query logarchive -inactive'. Only the active log at the time of the
archive,
should have an  inactive version.
If all the logs were already archived, then the Domino server is not
correctly
keeping track of which logs have been archived. I assume that when the
Domino server is rebooted,  the Domino server is stopped gracefully and
has a chance to record which logs have been archived. I believe this
information is kept in the log control file that resides in the
transaction log
directory.  If the Domino server is stopped correctly and the logs are
archived twice you should pursue this with Lotus support.

Also, a reboot of the Domino server will not change the DBIID of a
database.

Eduardo

Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
05/24/2005 02:15 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Domino Transaction Logs Archive

Hello All,

Our Domino Server is rebooted automatically every Tuesday at 06:30 hrs.,
to clear memory says our Notes Administrator.

Transaction logging takes place every two hours, and anything between 4
and 12 logs are archived, except  once after the reboot  every Tuesday
where
over 140 logs are archived at 08:00 hrs. (the next archive schedule)

Is this normal behaviour ?  Aren't  logs supposed to be archived once only
?

TSM SERVER 5.2.2.0 on  Windows Server 2003
Domino 6.5 on Windows Server 2003
Data Protection for Lotus Domino 5.1.5.01

TIA

Bill