ADSM-L

Re: Deleted files retention

2005-05-25 08:40:07
Subject: Re: Deleted files retention
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:39:06 -0400
I believe the RE means keep the inactive versions ( the 3 not avtive
from the set of 4) until the file is deleted. That allows you to always
deleted, the RO parm kicks in.

>>> luke.nguyen AT GOV.AB DOT CA 05/24/2005 7:44:30 PM >>>
Hi all.

I need to set file retention as follows: keep 4 versions of a file
forever. If the file is deleted, expire all 4 versions after 14 days. Is
there any way to do this in TSM 5.2.2?

VE - 4
VD - 4
RE - nolimit
RO - 14

My understanding is that this will not work because since my Retain
Extra Versions is set to NOLIMIT, my number of deleted files will always
remain at 4?

Luke Nguyen

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named