ADSM-L

Re: Question on Daily process flow

2005-05-24 14:11:18
Subject: Re: Question on Daily process flow
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:10:54 -0400
1). evening backups
2). backup db and control files
3). copy diskpools to tape copypool
4). migrate diskpools to tape
5) copy tape pools to copypool (in case any were missed on diskpool to
copypool)
6) 2nd backup of db and copypool (this copy has all backup files on
tape)
7) expiration

We have primary tape pool in a 2nd site, so do not do DR prepare, and
we ftp the DB backup to the DR server in the 2nd site.

>>> sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM 05/24/2005 1:54:06 PM >>>
If you ask 10 TSM admins chances are,  you will get 10 different
answers.
Here's a great Redbook that has a nice picture of the Wheel of Life
that  I
primary use it as reference.
It shows a general recommended series of operations and sequence.

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG245416/wwhelp/wwhimpl/java/html/wwhelp.htm

Chapter 12: Scheduling, There is Wheel of life section.

Sung Y. Lee
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/24/2005
09:18:20 AM: