ADSM-L

Re: Question on Daily process flow

2005-05-24 11:50:34
Subject: Re: Question on Daily process flow
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:50:14 -0500
Oracle 'backups' (archives) go directly to tape; when the primary R3
instance backup finishes, it triggers a backup storagepool to copy the
data to the backup pool

For all other pools, starting about 12:30 AM --
        Migrate disk to tape
        Backup tape storage pool to copy

When the last storage pool backup is finished --
        Full TSM database backup
        Copy device config to off-site media (currently, floppy)
        Copy volhist to off-site media (currently, floppy)

Check out all volumes going off-site (tsm database, all copy pool
volumes with data on them) (we don't use DRM -- back when we started, it
cost too much; now that it's "free", we've already got our processes
working well enough we don't need the additional complications)

All the copy routines are scripted and automated

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc