ADSM-L

Re: Domino Transaction Logs Archive

2005-05-24 11:12:51
Subject: Re: Domino Transaction Logs Archive
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:12:34 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of William Boyer
>You're saying that every time I reboot my Domino server, ALL
>my databases will be assigned a new DBIID and I'll have a full backup
>next time????? I must admit I have not seen this behavior on a
>Domino server.

I'm not a Domino admin, but that is the behavior as described in the
manuals; this is how a couple of my customers force a full backup--they
restart the server every month or so.

>And even if every database gets a new DBIID when you
>reboot/restart Domino, this doesn't effect the ARCHIVELOGS command.

That, I cannot speak to.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
  Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Office 262.521.5627