ADSM-L

TDP (for Informix ) long-term archive ?

2005-05-24 08:59:32
Subject: TDP (for Informix ) long-term archive ?
From: Marek Ślusarski <SlusarskiM AT PROKOM DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:44:11 +0200
 I'm currently running daily backups keeping 10 versions of Informix
 database (two weeks/daily backups). However, the Informix admin requires a
 one daily backups  to be saved for a specified period of time (4 weeks )
 and one monthly  to be saved for one year. The keyproblem is, that TDP for
 Informix ( not only for Informix) has no archive-feature (no  archive copy
 group).
 I'm thinking about registering a second node for a second backup of the
 databases on Informix but I know that Informix traces its backups by
 "emergency boot file" and inserts into sysutils database so I don't know
 if after backing up Informix database by two or three different nodes I
 still be able to restore.
 Does anyone have anything like this implemented?

 Thanks
 Marek