ADSM-L

Re: Tape Stuck in Remote Status

2005-05-20 11:27:06
Subject: Re: Tape Stuck in Remote Status
From: Bob Booth - CITES <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:26:57 -0500
On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 09:59:06AM -0500, Andrew Carlson wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 09:27:39 -0500, Ochs, Duane <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
> wrote:
>
> >You can do a delete volume ###### discard=yes. This will delete all
> >references to data on that volume from the TSM database.
> >

> I had the volume checked in.  The volume now shows up in q libv:
>
> tsm: TSMLIBM>q libv 3584lib 110544
>
> Library Name  Volume Name  Status      Owner       Last Use   Home
> Device
>                                                               Element  Type
> ------------  -----------  ----------  ----------  ---------  -------
> ------
> 3584LIB       110544       Private     TSMJ                   1,095    3592
>
> But, since the volume does not show up in TSMJ (actually it was a database
> backup tape), I cannot delete it.  Any ideas?

Does the volume show up in the volume history file?

q volh type=dbb  (if it is part of a backup series)

or

q volh type=dbs (if it is a database snapshot)

if it is, and it is an old series, or an old dbs, you can delete the volume
using the del volh command (I refer you to the help del volh for further
detail).

bob