ADSM-L

Re: Starting of TSm server

2005-05-18 15:14:26
Subject: Re: Starting of TSm server
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:13:44 -0400
On May 18, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Akash Jain wrote:

I am posting the listing of files in my server directory on running
server
on SUN SOLARIS and my dsmserver is invoked automatically once the
system is
up for yur references.

Any idea what script you are talking about?

/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin
-rwx------   1 root     other        388 May  1  2002 dsmserv.rc

Your original question, as quoted below, involved a Linux server,
where a dsmserv.rc script was involved in starting the server, as
mentioned in my posting, and as discussed on pages 440-441 of the TSM
5.3 Linux Admin Guide manual under Chapter 17 Managing Server
Operations, topic "Starting the Server".

Every platform is different, and for the TSM server, more different
than for the TSM client; hence a separate set of manuals for TSM
server platforms. See the TSM Solaris Admin Guide, same chapter, same
topic. The Solaris start has a different orientation, and that manual
does not explicitly mention a start script, but Linux's starting
regimen derives from the Solaris approach, so see if the dsmserv.rc
in your Solaris server directory has anything. In any case, follow
the manual, which says "To start the server from the Sun Solaris
window prompt, change to the /opt/tivoli/tsm/server directory, and
enter the following command: ./dsmserv ". This is all a matter of
understanding your OS environment and then following the TSM doc.

  Richard Sims

Regards
Akash