ADSM-L

Re: Tape Encryption Appliances

2005-05-16 13:46:54
Subject: Re: Tape Encryption Appliances
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:43:56 -0400
1) You will need appliance(s) at the DR site, consider it an accessory
to your library.
2) The appliances I've seen allow:
A) Backing up the keys to DR media (CDROM, Smart Cards, files, etc.) for
use at the DR site
B) Hot appliance(s) can be kept off site but on the network, (i.e. your
DR Site or another company site) and clustered with your production
appliances.  The appliances then keep their keys synced via an encrypted
link.