ADSM-L

AIX 5.3 upgrade issues?

2005-05-16 11:54:18
Subject: AIX 5.3 upgrade issues?
From: "Park, Rod" <rod.park AT TYSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:51:49 -0500
Hello all,
I recently upgrade my tsm servers to AIX 5.3 ML1 running tsm 5.2.3.3
since our aix upgrade, our database backups went from 20-35 minutes per
server to about 2-4 hrs....anybody else experienced this and any
suggestions? This is the only significant event that has happened to
lead me to believe maybe it was the aix upgrade that. Actually
expiration seems to run longer...more b/u sessions still running every
morning when I come in than normal...so overall tsm system performance
seems to be suffering...thanks in advance for any help

solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please
notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this
email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates
will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or
unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of
any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.