ADSM-L

Re: Scratch tape questions

2005-05-13 16:15:41
Subject: Re: Scratch tape questions
From: "Talafous, John" <john.talafous AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:13:09 -0500
I always say, "The only naïve/stupid/dumb question you have is the one you
don't ask."

1.) Previously answered by Mr. Stapleton

2.) There are ways to manually audit (and I have done this) the various entries
for TSM Tapes. Tapes are either in the DRMEDIA inventory and offsite, onsite
and used by a storage pool, offsite and unused or onsite and unused.  This is a
complex process and must be approached carefully. But very doable!!! Contact me
if you desire additional information.

3.) Run an SQL SELECT statement to list your environment's tape inventory. I
like to look at volumes used by STGPOOL as well as TSM Library inventory levels.