ADSM-L

AsyncIO on AIX for TSM?

2005-05-13 13:04:57
Subject: AsyncIO on AIX for TSM?
From: Jonathan Kaufman <jkaufman AT FOOTLOCKER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:05:44 -0500
Does anyone use AsyncIO on AIX with TSM?  Any performance boost/slowdown
over not enabling AsyncIO (AIO) and just using DirectIO?

We just implemented TSM 5.2.3 on AIX v5.3 using AsyncIO, and I'm not sure
what it uses AsyncIO for (just the database, or does that include the
dispool?), I've noticed that when we are migrated diskpool to tape (LTO2)
and have backups to said diskpool our transfer rates do not seem as good
as previous (before enabling AsyncIO).

Just wondering what other TSM'ers know about the AIO option with TSM.

Jonathan Kaufman

Visit us on-line at footlocker.com.

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it
from your computer. Although the Company attempts to sweep e-mail and
attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free
and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.