ADSM-L

Re: Firewall issues with Novell client 5.3.0?

2005-05-11 13:38:27
Subject: Re: Firewall issues with Novell client 5.3.0?
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:36:03 -0400
David we are using the default port

This port is set on the client and the server using the tcpport option.
The setting must be the same on the client and server. See Tcpport for
more information. This will allow Tivoli Storage Manager scheduler
communications in both polling and prompted mode, CAD-managed schedulers,
and
regular backup-archive client operations

So we should be ok using schedmode prompted.

Thanks