ADSM-L

Re: Diskpool question

2005-05-10 09:29:35
Subject: Re: Diskpool question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:25:50 -0400
On May 10, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Luc Beaudoin wrote:

My diskpool is on a SAN,   I have to increase the size cause I'm
taking
about 450GB per day and my diskpool is 350GB...

Is there a RAID issue for performance .... right now my diskpool is
on a
RAID5 ... should I still use RAID5 or there a better RAID
configuration??

RAID 5 is a bad choice, as noted in past postings such as
http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/msg57811.html .
RAID 1+0 (mirroring & striping) makes a lot of sense for stgpools.
The mirroring may be overkill, if you quickly drain to tape.

  Richard Sims