ADSM-L

Re: TSM, Lotus Notes and SQL BACKTRACK

2005-05-10 09:09:46
Subject: Re: TSM, Lotus Notes and SQL BACKTRACK
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:10:13 -0500

We use the Domino TDP's to backup our Lotus Notes servers.  Backing up the Lotus Notes databases with the regular TSM Backup Client used too much of our resources.  The architecture is such that even using incrementals, they were using up tapes faster than we could order them.  Each Lotus Notes database averages well over 120 GB's, the reason we switched to the TDP's, which work specifically with the architecture of the Lotus Notes databases.

To backup many of our SQL databases though, the DB Administrator creates a flat file within the client server at a certain time each evening.  TSM then incrementally backs up that flat file after it is created.

Shannon Bach
Madison Gas & Electric Co
Operations Analyst -Data Center Services
Information Management Systems
sbach AT mge DOT com

Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>

05/09/2005 12:57 PM