ADSM-L

Re: problems with medium changer driver in 3583

2005-05-09 10:02:40
Subject: Re: problems with medium changer driver in 3583
From: Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:01:51 -0400
> Hi!
>
> I have server 2003 SP1 with TSM 5.3.1.1 and library IBM Ultrium 3583
> connected to this server via FC. I've installed drivers to the tapes without
> any problem, but I can't install correctly meduim changer. I've installed
> "TSM drivers for medium changer - tsmscsi.sys". But in Windows Device Manger
> next to this device there is an exlamation mark and in propertis there is
> note that "windows can't load all drivers. code 31" My TSM see only tape
> drivers. I can't define path to the library. I don't know what's wrong, I did
> everything what is said in user guide.
> What's the problem? Can anybody help me?
> Thanks
> Pawel

Hi Pawel,

     I believe what you need for this is IBMUltrium 5.0.8.0, and it
requires your 3583 firmware to be at a minimum level of 5.14.0001.
However, for 2003, it may require the newer IBMTape for windows.
Download the pdf manual also, as it has a nice step-by-step procedure for
installing the drivers.  Note that as part of this you will be disabling
windows' native RMM service.  You should also be able to determine which
driver you need from the website and the doc, IBMUltrium.Win2K or IBMTape.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/storage/support/allproducts/downloading.html
  IBMUltrium.Win2K_5080.z
     or
  IBMTape.W32_6071.zip

You do not need Atape, as sonmeone suggested here, as that is a driver for
IBM devices on the AIX platform only.

Hope this helps....

Steve Roder
University at Buffalo
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)