ADSM-L

3494 at DR Recovery Site

2005-05-06 08:54:51
Subject: 3494 at DR Recovery Site
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:53:38 -0400
I got to thinking about 3494 category codes in the middle of the night when I
should have been sleeping (can you tell my DR test is soon?).

If I load the DR 3494 with my copypool tapes and let the 3494 do an audit
operation while I am restoring my tsm machine from a sysback tape, will all the
tapes be in Insert category? The recovery scripts that DRM prepares do not
include any "checkin libvol" statements.  Aren't I going to have to checkin all
those tapes before they can be used?  The tsm db that I will be restoring won't
have any of them in libvol because they are all offsite.

David Ehresman
University of Louisville