ADSM-L

Re: Operational Hourly Monitors

2005-05-05 21:29:59
Subject: Re: Operational Hourly Monitors
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 21:25:23 -0400
Michael -

For techniques in handling relative time values in Selects, see:

    "Sample SQL Select Statements":
     http://www.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg21049808

and http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts topic
    "Activity log, Select entries less than an hour old"

 Richard Sims

On May 5, 2005, at 8:09 PM, Michael LaFrance wrote:

I'm trying to set up an operational monitor that will alert our TSM
operators that a tape is required from a "shelf" location. The
shelf is
where the archive tapes are stored and they are required from time
to time
for collocation.

The hourly script will check the activity log for ANR8765I. My
problem is
setting the query to only search the last hour of the activity log.
I can
make it check the previous day but am stumped by this "past hour"
report.

Here is my TSQL script:
select msgno, message from actlog where msgno=8765 and
date(date_time)=current_date - 1 day

I've tried to adjust this script to query just the last hour of the
activity
log but to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?