ADSM-L

Re: INCLUDE directory question for Windows 2000 Client

2005-05-05 12:16:31
Subject: Re: INCLUDE directory question for Windows 2000 Client
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 12:12:47 -0400
On May 5, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Farren Minns wrote:

I have edited the dsm.opt file on the client and added the
following line:-

INCLUDE "E:\home\asouther\backup_040505\*" 7dayexpire

Now, I assumed that when I backed up this dir the files would get
rebound,
but they didn't and I can make it work. What am I doing wrong? I
assume I'm
using the incorrect syntax or something but don't know.

Rebinding happens when there is cause for the client files to be
backed up again.

Make it a habit to do 'dsmc query inclexcl' after adjusting Include
or Exclude options, to assure that the combination of server and
client options yields what you seek - and remember that server
options take precedence.

You may also have intended to have your Include use "\...\*"
wildcarding instead of "\*".

    Richard Sims